Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saturday's Pleasures

One of my favorite things to do on Saturdays is to visit Estate Sales. My favorite sales are by Millchell. They have a website: www.millchell.com for a sneak peek of upcoming sales. Today I found a darling Linden Alarm clock for $4, two vintage cake testers @ 20 cents each and a silver server for $2. For the price of a little gas and $6.40 it was time well spent. The two owners and their staff are most welcoming of us frequent customers.

My otherwise treat for the day was to have a pedicure by Magdalena at Perfect Spa here in Fort Worth on University St. I have been going to her 3-4 times a year for a few years now. A visit there is like catching up with an old friend. We share stories of our children's lives and now grandchildren. She is a most delightful person.

I did have a most disagreeable sleep last night waking several times fretting over work task needing completed, an upcoming meeting and other processes that need perfected..!! Ugh..... Someone once told me that this is called "mental masturbation", but I haven't looked this up to see if it really exist.

This afternoon is being spent watching Ethan and Savannah, actually they are napping now. :-)
Before going down for his nap, Ethan insisted on having a 'picnic' outside. Like a good Grammy, I accommodated him. He wanted to set at his barn-red picnic table that Stephanie and I made for him last year. "Grammy, you make this for me"..oh how sweet!  That was a interesting project to tackle. I of course was glad to have a distraction from my usual school assignments needing completed. Thank GOD that is over!!

1 comment:

  1. you are such a good grammy. and by the way, he sleeps with that fish every night, and has to have it clipped to his belt loop in the day. he knows exactly who got it for him! of course!

    ReplyDelete